sciocco patrocinando

ow yao dowin today? grrrreat ta, yao? Bostin ta! Listen me flowa, our betty's havin a do down the con club if yao and your jim fancy poppin' along? i heard she's had a new do un all!!! Anyhow, i'd best be off cocker, i've gotta get some cream for me fowrid... tara....

Monday, May 22, 2006

Europe is dead! Long live the commonwealth... Saturday night was the last straw! Not only did eurovision class with the prince's trust pary in the park (yes, i do blame you EBU...i can tell you're anti-inationalist) but the "winners" of euorvision were fooking shite!!!! A number of things to consider here methinks.....

1.) The song was not even good of it's genre. I like many a well thought out rock song and this was NOT well thought out!
2.) The song was in no way in keeping with the spirit of eurovision.

I do however, have a slight wry smile (well it's inside my head anyway) about the whole thing; let me explain why....

I have always been under the impression that europe (the organisation, not the place) stands more or less for the dilution of national traits, characteristics and traditions for the formation of one big insipid monoculture. am i wrong? This song has, if anything, demonstarted that europe is maybe not quite so easy to dilute as the Haage had hoped.

That said, the polictical victory scored just does not compare to the importance of my viewing pleasure!!! shame on you all!!!! I for one voted for romania (and norway, the song was preddy)

oh, and sorry for the sentence structure and grammar...too annoyed!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home